How often do you reflect on your character? I mean really seriously critically evaluate who you are? Not the person others think you are, but the “real” person that God knows you are. A friend of mine once said she often pictures Jesus being in the room and lives her life with that thought. Wow! That can be convicting, but think about it? Shouldn’t we live that way? I mean, if we are true followers of Christ shouldn’t we be living out His character?
Shouldn’t we strive to be more like Him?
• To love the things He loves…
• To have joy helping the poor…
• To lovingly desire to reach lost souls…
• To be more generous with our money & possessions…
I sit here reflecting on my character and how I live out each day. Do I have any regrets today, things I wished I had done differently? Or do I believe I exemplified Christ to the best of my ability today?
* In the way I interacted with my wife and children
* In how I displayed my character to others
* In the ways I conducted myself in business transactions
* In how I handled my finances
* In the ways I responded to the blessings God is providing
Does my character exhibit His traits?
Do I reflect His love, mercy, and grace? I get to the end of myself and thank Him that we have such a strong example of character –someone to truly emulate! We can try to be more like Hollywood, more like sports stars, even more like spiritual leaders, but unless our measuring stick centers around Christ, our character will lack His completeness! Man always falls short of His glory. In a broken world filled with sin and destruction, today when the end of the world as we know seems closer than ever before, we can still have confidence that character counts!
What are your thoughts?