America was founded upon the biblical principles of faith, hope, and love. According to www.morallaw.org, a few examples of how our faith in God has shaped the foundation of America include:
* Since at least the 1820s, the U.S. Supreme Court has opened its court sessions with the prayer of “God save the United States and this Honorable Court.”
* In God We Trust was first inscribed on U.S. coins in 1864 under President Lincoln, and in 1956 Congress made it the national motto of the United States.
* Congress inserted “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954 in order to combat the rise of atheistic communism and reaffirm that America was “founded on a belief in God.”
* A statue of Moses holding the Ten Commandments is featured in the rotunda of the Library of Congress.
* When our nation was attacked on September 11, 2001, the members of Congress spontaneously sang “God Bless America” on the steps of the Capitol Building.
The Declaration of Independence holds as “self-evident” that “all men are created equal” and “endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” When fifty-six men signed this Declaration, they knew there was risk involved, but they took comfort knowing their future was in God’s hands. The forefathers invested everything, including their personal fortunes, in the fate of America because of their trust in God. How amazing is this example?
Why do so many people want us to forget that America was founded on a strong faith in God? As individual investors, this provides the clearest example of why we should want to strengthen America. Our country was built on faith in God, and to continue to prosper, we must continue to rely on our faith in God. When America replaces its foundational beliefs with secular, man-made beliefs, the end of America as we know it will occur. If our Founding Fathers were willing to pledge their worldly possessions to build America, doesn’t it make sense for us to pledge our investments to build a better America?