Your vision is extremely important for success. In order to properly manage wealth, you need to identify your core values and priorities.
This vision will direct and affect all areas of your life, including your finances. What motivates you becomes your burning passion. This burning passion drives your success. If your passion is lukewarm, so, too, will be your results.
Creating an action plan helps you implement your mission, live by your values, and move toward achieving your vision. Among the hundreds of faith-based millionaires I have interviewed, I have found these common characteristics that help make a vision work:
- Love what you do each day. I’ve never seen anyone succeed who didn’t love what they were doing.
- Don’t let roadblocks get in your way. You cannot stop. If there is a concrete wall in front of you, you have to find a way around it. You can never, ever give up or even think in terms of giving up.
- Confidence is a very important thing. But confidence isn’t something you just develop by saying, “I’m going to do this or that.” You really have to believe it. Just saying you can do something is not enough. You have to take steps toward actually doing it.
- Don’t let criticism get you down. You have to remain cool under fire and let criticism roll off you. Good leaders handle conflict easily; bad leaders are eaten up by it.
- Become a people person. Learn to network. You must work well with others and be loyal to your team.