1. I want to help you grow, protect, and share your wealth
– If I help you have more, you can give more and make the world around us a better place
– We will look at themes & strategies to help you accomplish this
– Investment ideas, retirement and savings tips, important news that can impact your portfolio, and ways to keep your faith and values central in your finances.
2. Investment Rules to live by:
– Keep your faith & values at the center of your life finances included
– Minimize your investment costs
– Have a solid game plan – asset allocation, diversification
– Get good advice from a trusted source
– do your homework!
3. A look at my Five-point stock inspection:
– Valuation: is the stock reasonably price, P/E ratio, PEG ratio
– Momentum: Has the stock price been trending up or down
– Risk: beta is the stock more or less risky than the overall market (S&P)
– Earnings: Are earnings estimates rising or falling?
– Financial Health: Is the company financial stable, long-term track record, balance sheet, cash flow, debt, etc.
4. Investment themes: We will look at various themes to help you make more money. I break investments into themes to find my best ideas.
– Forever stocks – companies you can buy and hold forever. I love stocks that have raised dividends for 10 or more years.
– Innovative game changing companies
– Energy revolution stocks – shale, alternative energies, oil & gas exploration.
– Irreplaceable asset stocks – companies that have assets where another company can’t come in and build around them. Railroads, infrastructure, oil pipelines are a few examples.
– Emerging markets – Brazil, Russia, India, China & other – rising middleclass
– PACE Investing – inflation protection
– Demographic trends:
– Disappearing middleclass – discount retailers, temp agencies & staffing, home rentals
– Aging population – nursing homes, nursing care, medicine, and disease diagnostics, pharmacy services, etc.
– Organic foods and healthy living: natural & non-gmo foods & drinks, vitamins, along with diet/exercise related companies.
5. This Week’s: Idea of the week: WhiteWave Foods (WWAV). The WhiteWave Foods Company, a consumer packaged food and beverage company, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells branded plant-based foods and beverages, coffee creamers and beverages, dairy, and organic greens and produce products in North America and Europe. It operates through two segments, North America and Europe. It provides plant-based foods and beverages products, including soy-, almond-, coconut-, hazelnut-, rice-, and oat-based products, such as Silk soymilk, Silk Almondmilk, Silk PureCoconut coconutmilk, and Silk soy yogurt; and soy, hazelnut, almond, rice and oat drinks, soy yogurt, desserts, soy cream, and margarine under the Alpro and Provamel brand names. It also offers coffee creamers and beverages comprising coffee creamers and iced coffee products under the International Delight and LAND O LAKES brands, as well as creamers under various brands, including Almond Joy, Cold Stone Creamery, Cinnabon, Dunkin Donuts, Hershey’s, and YORK. In addition, the company provides dairy products consisting of organic milks, yogurts, cheeses, creams, butters, and other dairy products under the Horizon Organic brand name; and aseptic single-serve flavored milks under the TruMoo brand name. Further, it offers organic greens and produce portfolio, including packaged salad greens, fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, dried fruit, and produce-based snacks under the Earthbound Farm brand name; and selected products under private labels. The WhiteWave Foods Company markets its products to grocery stores, mass merchandisers, club stores, convenience stores, and health food stores, as well as to restaurants and foodservice outlets through its direct sales force, and independent brokers and distributors.
My Five Point Stock Inspection on WWAV:
– Valuation: Good buy up to $35
– Momentum: Positive
– Risk: neutral beta is 1.33
– Earnings: Positive
– Financial Health: Neutral
Get my latest research report: The 10 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make and how you can prevent them. Just email us at info at jayperoni.com with subject line “10 Mistakes”.