The heart of investing
They say you are what you eat. If you eat healthier food, you can potentially live longer. Too many cheeseburgers and there go the arteries! Lots of veggies and here’s looking a 100 kid! Now what about investing? Are you what you invest in?
Let’s say your portfolio invests heavily in companies:
- Giving generously to Planned Parenthood
- Proactively lobbying for homosexual “marriage”
- Producing and distributing explicit entertainment
- Producing highly addictive products that are destroying mankind
- Or something else that violates your personal values
What does your portfolio say about you?
Does your portfolio reflect who you are as a person?
What about investing in companies that share your values?
Or maybe you are just unsure or never thought about this. It may seem like your investments are so distant – out of sight, out of mind.
But often when individuals look closer, they often start to wonder:
Do I care as much about the source of the profit as I do about the amount of profit?
What if the profits come at the expense of my faith and values?
It’s when we look closer at our life that we can truly make changes. Your portfolio may be an area worth changing… If I can help you take a “closer look”, please let me know!